.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Buddy Walk 2008

We had our UDSF Cache County Buddy Walk yesterday and it was so much fun. We ended up having about 100 people there all together and we got to meet a few people that we have never met before. It started a little late because we needed to have walkers to do the walk so we started our walk at 11:45 instead of 11 as planed but other than that I think everything went great. (I don't really think that was even that big of a deal) While we were on our walk Kyler loved it, he wasn't in a stroller. He got to walk or should I say run!! We had the Sky View Cheerleaders all around the walk cheering the kids on and giving them high 5. After we went on our walk we had lunch, hamburgers and hot dogs (Thanks Chache Valley Womens Center). After lunch the kids all went and played games (fish pond, pick a duck, sawdust dig,and bean bag toss),face painting, decorated crowns (Thanks Burger King), and decorated sugar cookies. One of the things that a lot of the kids "and adults" thought were cool was we had a few Star Wars characters come and pose for pictures. I know Kyler loved them and so did Benett. Kyler wouldn't leave them alone he wanted to give them 5 and kept signing grandpa to them. We also had a raffle with almost to many prizes. We were there for quite a while trying to get everything given away. I thought everything went great and all of our volunteers, Sky View Cheerleaders, Kim (who works with Jonnie, sorry I can't remember her last name), and all of my family and friends. And for sure all of the people who came we had a great time. I would also like to thank Suzie Smith and her family for coming up and for the Teddy Bears the UDSF donated for the raffle.
P.S. If you didn't see I tried to do a slide show of all the pics but it didn't work very well it is cutting the right side of the picture. But I will try to get that fixed.

1 comment:

Riley and Ashley Smith said...

It sounds like you had a good time and a good turn out. That's good it's always nice to see that your efforts were worth it. I hope it just gets better for you every year!!! Sorry we couldn't make it!!
I miss you guys!!